Precast concrete pipe is an engineered product that can be designed to suit any installation conditions, including deep fills, shallow fills, and heavy equipment loading.
- 2021 Southern Alberta Pipe & Manhole Catalog (pdf, 4.63 MB)
- 2020 Winnipeg Pipe Catalogue (pdf, 12.78 MB)
- 2020 Edmonton Pipe Catalogue (pdf, 13.9 MB)
High quality precast concrete pipe is manufactured using state-of-the-art facilities, processes and equipment, integrated under controlled conditions. Several different processes are used, each capable of producing precast concrete pipe that conforms to the requirements of applicable standards. The following sections provide an overview of the materials used to produce a concrete product of consistently high quality.
There are two methods of precast concrete production employed at Lafarge facilities across Western Canada; drycast and wetcast production.
Here at Lafarge Pipe, we work to develop innovative solutions that help design professionals achieve sustainable design.
- Locally Available Materials used in the production of concrete pipe reduce emissions associated with transporting materials.
- Recycled Industrial Fly Ash is used to replace some of the energy-intensive Portland Cement, while also keeping this waste product out of the landfill.
- Recycled Aggregates created from crushing old concrete products are used to make new ones.
- Steel Reinforcement is also recycled after the life of a concrete product.
- Concrete Pipe is Inert, meaning it does not react with or release undesirable chemicals in the ground once installed.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification, developed by the Green Building Council, provides technical standards for environmentally sustainable construction. These standards have become an international benchmark for high-performance, sustainable developments.
Lafarge offers a wide range of stormwater solutions in Western Canada, focused in the three key areas of capture and conveyance, stormwater treatment and retention and detention.
- Oil-Grit Separators
- Stormwater Filter Device
- Retention/Detention Systems