A Rich and Varied Range
Lafarge cements are designed to respond to the requirements of all of the Group's customers. Its broad range of products is suitable for industrial players, individual customers and architects:
- Portland cements: high-quality basic building materials that are both efficient and versatile.
- Portland limestone cements: more environmentally friendly Portland Cement equivalents Cements for different types of environments: products suitable for exposure to seawater, sulfates and other aggressive environments.
- Special cements for specific applications: including white cements for architectural projects, cements for well drilling operations, cements containing silica fume or slag, pozzolan cements, and cements for road surfacing that incorporate slag and hydraulic binders.
- Cements for masonry and mortars for concrete blocks, tiles, rendering, stucco, etc.
These different cements can all be used to produce concretes with a variety of characteristics and properties.
Supplementary cementitious materials (SCM’s) are minerals used in varying proportions during the last phase of the cement production process. SCM’s make it possible to obtain a range of cements with different properties. They can be:
- of natural origin, for example limestone or volcanic and sedimentary rock (pozzolanic rock),
- of industrial origin, for example byproducts of the steel industry (slag from blast furnaces), the microchip industry (silica fume), and coal-fired power plants (fly ash).
The use of cementitious additives reduces CO2 emissions:
- firstly, because using additives in cement production automatically reduces the proportion of clinker (the decarbonation phase of clinker production releases a lot of CO2),
- secondly, because it uses industrial waste which would otherwise have been discarded and treated by the local authority.
Click below to learn more about our products: